2013 ©Desert Rose RWA® Golden Quill Award Winner — Historical Romance
To seal a fragile truce, Fiona Sinclair’s brothers trade her in marriage to their sworn enemy. Though devastated by their betrayal, she has little choice in the matter, for if she refuses, her innocent young sister must take her place. The spirited Fiona is willing to sacrifice her freedom to protect her kin, but she vows never to surrender her heart.
As the eldest son of a clan chief, Myles Campbell is accustomed to having his own way. But when the king of Scotland commands he wed a defiant Highland lass instead of a French mademoiselle, Myles must obey his royal duty. Meeting his bride for the first time on their wedding day, he is pleased to discover the lass is a beauty, but she quickly proves she’d just as soon kill him as kiss him.
When two such warrior spirits collide, sparks fly, igniting a fiery passion that strains against the bonds of family honor, clan loyalty— the ultimate surrender—love.
- Winner, Golden Quill Contest for published authors, 2013
- Finalist, Book Sellers Best Contest for published authors, 2013
- Finalist, 2012 RWA® Golden Heart® Contest, Historical Category
- First Place, 2012 SARA Merritt Contest, Historical Category
- Finalist, 2011 Silicon Valley RWA® GOTCHA! Contest, for Historical Romance Category