As Thanksgiving approaches, I’ve noticed Facebook friends posting daily updates declaring what they’re grateful for. I love that idea! Dare I even say I am thankful for it? Plucking out random blessings from their busy lives and sharing it with the world is contagious. Every time someone mentions that they’re grateful for their spouse, or their kids, or even their favorite flannel pajamas, it reminds me to stop and ponder my blessings, too. I don’t like to take things for granted, and I happen to know I’ve been pretty darn lucky lately. So here is a list of some things I’m grateful for, in no particular order:
- My Ugg slippers that are soft and fuzzy on the inside but have a smooth, solid sole on the bottom so I can still run outside to get the mail, and if I step in dog poo in the process, it’s not that hard to scrape it off.
- Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.
- My kids, who are not only old enough to understand sarcasm but also clever enough to toss it back in my direction. Like when I say, “I’d be a really good marine,” and my oldest says, “Yeah, because physical fitness is so your thing.”
- My long-suffering spouse, who also *gets* my sarcasm but has learned not to toss it back at me. Because if HE said physical fitness was not my thing, he’d be in trouble.
- Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. Booze. Coffee. Coffee with booze in it.
- Spell Check.
- Fan mail from people I’ve never met saying Crazy Little Thing made them laugh out loud.
- The fact that I have a historical romance, Highland Surrender, releasing December 4th.
- My editor and my agent. I’m thinking of having their names tattooed somewhere on my person. Maybe inside a big, garish heart?
- Antique keys. Not sure why I’m drawn to them. Maybe in a past life I was a housekeeper on a grand estate. Or maybe the warden of a prison? Anyway, I love old keys, and even brand new keys that just look old. I’m pretty easy about this one.
- Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. Henry Cavill. Coffee. Gerard Butler. Coffee. Coffee. Liam McIntyre. Coffee. Kip Moore. Coffee. Coffee.
- Honey Badgers.
- Writing conferences where I get to go full-fan girl on my favorite authors, and spend time some wonderful friends.
- All the friends who have known me since the very first time I said, “I’m going to write a book some day.” Thanks for sticking with me.
- The “Buy with one-click” button.
- My spouse. I mentioned him once before but I will mention him again. He is a very good sport, and frequently offers to help me do research, so yeah, I’m pretty thankful!!!
2 thoughts on “Giving Thanks!”
I think I see a theme around coffee!
Thanks for sharing your list — you made me smile, and that’s always good~
Hugs and happy writing.
Knowing your hubs, I would dare say you could not find a more thorough and detail-oriented research assistant. Good on ya!